Smoked kippers with Tuscan kale, poached eggs and walnuts
- 1 can smoked kippers in brine (or any other smoked fish like salmon or sardines)
- 2 leaves of Tuscan kale
- 2 eggs
- 10 g walnuts, chopped
- 1 cm ginger, minced
- 1 tsp soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
Fried Kale with ginger and kippers
- Heat olive oil on the frying pan. Add kale, ginger and soy sauce. Fry until kale is slightly wilted but still crispy. Remove from the frying pan and set in the bottom of the bowl.
- On the same frying pan, warm up slightly smoked kippers (you can skip this step). Place kippers on top of the kale.
- Boil water in the pan and add few drops of vinegar. Reduce heat to simmer.
- Stir the water and crack eggs into to water whirlpool.
- After 2-3 minutes, eggs should be ready (whites will be firm, while yolk still runny.
- Remove eggs from the water by using slotted spoon and place it on the fish.
- Garnish your meal with chopped walnuts and chili sauce (optionally with chopped parsley or chili flakes).